I love Snoop Dogg. I also love Snoop Lion, Snoop Doggy Dogg, and whatever the hell else this lyrical genius of bud has called himself. He’s great. So great, in fact, that at South By Southwest this year, I stayed at a bar — on a weeknight — until 4:30am in order to see him perform. And let me tell you, it was friggin’ awesome. At one point he even brought Lady Gaga on stage, because that’s the thing about Snoop Dogg: you never know what he’s got up his sleeve. Maybe he’ll roll out a nice, fat J mid performance, maybe he’ll surprise his audience by pulling one of the world’s most famous pop stars out of the wings, or maybe, just maybe, he’ll show up at a college party with man in a green hat and take the stage.
You see that? That’s from “Old School,” but it could happen at your school. LOL. See what I did there? But seriously, do you want a Snoop Dogg concert? Yeah, you do. Everyone does. You know why? Because Snoop is the shit. So, here’s what you have to do.
- Download the “Tilt” iOS app. You know what it is: the easiest way to pool money with friends for a vacation, boat rental, private concert, whatever. Basically, it’s just a really easy way for you and your friends to collect and pool money together. No longer do you have write a check or hand a wad of cash to Tate Jansen and hope he doesn’t spend it on alcohol. Downloading the app is free and it’s easy. Just click this right here.
- Convince your friends to download the app. Convince your professors to download the app. Convince your RA to download the app (just don’t invite them to attend the concert with you when you win, because, gross.). Basically, just invite everyone you know who is affiliated with your school. Each app download gets your school 10 points.
- Fire up the app and start collecting money for…anything. Every time someone contributes, your school will earn 20 points.
- Start a Tilt campaign here. You can raise money for…anything, basically. Each Tilt contribution gets 20 points.
- Once you reach your goal, your school will earn an additional 50 points.
- Raise the most amount of points out of any college/university in the good old U S of A.
- Get a Snoop Dogg concert.
As it stands now, Texas Tech is winning the competition with a measly 20 thousand points. Like, c’mon, guys. You can totally beat that. All you have to do is get your sorority to download the app and start using it. Think about it this way, if 100 of your sisters download the app, that’s 1,000 points. So, if you have, say, 20 chapters on your campus and they all do the same, that’s already 20,000 points right there. And that doesn’t even include any contributions or successful campaigns. To not win this is a result of just straight up laziness. Don’t be lazy, guys. Win this. Win this for Snoop..