Leaning heavy on the bottle while enjoying specific shows? You’re not alone. A recent study revealed the television shows that are most watched by people who like to drink.
A company called 4C performs data analysis using social media. They can correlate certain interests with each other, and it’s based upon the Facebook audiences of certain shows or brands.
Recently, they did a study to determine which shows are the most popular among people who also like to consume alcohol. It seems like this would be easy to determine without social media or fancy algorithms. Boys like beer and sports. Girls like anything alcoholic and anything with drama. It turns out that the boys win this one. Here are the top 10:
2. Sunday Night Football
3. “Men At Work”
4. “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”
6. “SportsNation” (Wait, this is separate from “SportsCenter”?)
7. “First Take”
8. “The Colbert Report”
10. “The Boondocks”
Uhh, the ladies seem SLIGHTLY underrepresented. Sure, the sports-loving gals contribute to that list, but here’s what it should have been.
1. Any Disney Movie circa 1995 or before
2. Any Disney Movie circa 1996 or after
3. “Sex and the City” reruns
4. E! Movies We Love (But NOT “Mean Girls 2.” I mean, why would anyone group that with movies we actually love, like “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days”?)
5. Real housewives of anywhere in the USA
6. Creepy crime shows that we can’t look away from. I’m looking at you, SVU.
7. Anything on Netflix
8. Shows that stole our hearts before the mid 2000s: “One Tree Hill,” “Gossip Girl,” “Dawson’s Creek”
Whatever, 4C. I’m going to go back to drinking more wine and living vicariously through Olivia Benson’s many haircuts.
[via Business Insider]