1. No longer being heckled by upperclassmen.
2. Learning just how meticulous the scoring process is during recruitment, wondering briefly what everyone said about you, shuddering, and never thinking about it again.
3. The addition of fifty new closets to your wardrobe when you move into the house.
4. Chef-prepared meals.
5. Your big turning 21, which basically means you’re turning 21.
6. Stalking the SHIT out of the newest pledge class.
7. The realization that searching for a little is an actual hunt. Survival of the thriftiest.
8. Running for your first chair position.
9. Heckling freshmen. Just once. Just to say you did it.
10. Reaching a level of comfort in your sorority that leads to regular calls to standards.
11. Realizing that the seniors were drunk on bid day last year.
12. Your first full year spent looking over your shoulder for a former flame.
13. Meeting the most precious nugget you’ve ever laid your eyes on.
14. Finding out she’s your little.
15. A shit-ton of crafting.
16. Spending hundreds of dollars on sorority-themed paraphernalia to pass down to the little one.
17. Purging your closet of event t-shirts that were clearly made by a drunk person.
18. Not hazing.
19. Walking into bars confidently, because you’ve realized the bouncer doesn’t actually care that you’re not of legal drinking age. Neither do the guys.
20. NO classes before 10:00AM. You learned your lesson last year.
21. Dishing out your very first “Big knows best.”
22. Consoling your own big when the new addition to your family arrives.
23. Never going to a party where you don’t know anyone again.
24. Beating teen pregnancy for your 20th birthday.
25. Getting the special bonding feeling all the older girls always talked about after they first went through recruitment “on the other side.”
To read “25 Things To Look Forward To Freshman Year” CLICK HERE.