1. Your pledge class will be voted onto e-board, which means politics now work in your favor.
2. Your 21st birthday — you turn into a blacked out mess when the clock strikes 12.
3. Not having to coordinate your liquor runs with someone older in advance.
4. Drinking at dinner. Even at nice restaurants.
5. You’ve got speaking privileges in chapter.
6. Attending a 21st birthday pregame every weekend and feeling more excited with each friend that “crosses over.”
7. Studying abroad — I don’t know why, but people tend to go junior year.
8. Moving out of the house. You’re downgrading from 50 closets to four, but they’re the four closets you love the most.
9. Sleepovers at your off-campus apartment, and the joyous feeling you get from sending him on his way in the morning.
10. Not having to worry about getting caught drinking in the place that you live.
11. Realizing that on the back half, you actually do know better than the younger girls.
12. The first (and only) year you don’t feel nervous about recruitment.
13. The inevitable “I’m too young to be a grand-big.”
14. Realizing becoming a grand-big is actually awesome — all the love, none of the work.
15. Receiving your shot book.
16. Somehow, being constantly in the know regarding any and all Greek gossip.
17. Being able to hook up with a guy without believing his bullshit.
18. Having a say in the planning of every event, because one of your good friends is planning it.
19. Coaching the senior bar crawl.
20. Thinking you’re going to practice your domestic skills now that you have your own space and kitchen. Not doing it.
21. Not giving a fuck if you get called to standards, because you realize that “sober” duty is in the liver of the beholder, and fines are in the wallet of the father.
22. Never ever going to a house party again.
23. Having perfected the nap and rally and being unsure if it’s thanks to practice, timing, or an astronomically increased tolerance.
24. Doing big/little week drunk.
25. The literal best year you’ll have in college — all the knowledge and power, with no pending doom at the end.
To read “25 Things To Look Forward To Sophomore Year” CLICK HERE.
To read “25 Things To Look Forward To Freshman Year” CLICK HERE.